World War II Experiences
"Timeless Voices" Oral History Project
Lt. Wally Blackwell, 398th Bomb Group Pilot
601st Squadron, Eighth Air Force
- The Wally Blackwell, 398th Pilot - 601st Squadron Video Interview runs 49 minutes 43 seconds. There are two parts. Part I is Wally Blackwell's 398th WWII Timeless Voices Interview. Part II is a discussion with Wally Blackwell on Some 398th Bomb Group Memorial Association (BGMA) History. Part II begins at 32m 49s.
- Wally Blackwell, 398th Pilot - 601st Squadron Video Interview Transcription - open to read along while watching the video.
Wally Blackwell, 398th Pilot - 601st Squadron Video Interview Transcription - Some 398th BGMA History - open to read along while watching the video.
- Lt. Wally Blackwell was the Pilot of his own 601st Squadron crew.
- The video above should begin automatically. If not, the video stream may be loading. Wait 10-30 seconds and then refresh the page. If it still does not load after refreshing several times, you may not have the Apple QuickTime plug-in installed on your computer. Additional information can be found on our Timeless Voices index page under Getting Connected.
- Wally Blackwell 398th Photos
- Blackwell's Crew - 601st Squadron - 6 August 1944
- The Blackwell Crew was shot down on 8 August 1944.
- 398th Mission: 8 August 1944: Cauvicourt, France
- 398th Killed in Combat Missions
- 398th POWs
- Stearman Trainer at Portland Reunion - Sept. 2002
- Hal and Wally by Aluminum Overcast at St. Paul Reunion - Sept. 2001
- Wally Blackwell 398th Writing
- Identifying 398th B-17s by Wally Blackwell, Pilot
- 398th Combat Formations - Definition and Structure by Wally Blackwell, Pilot
- Blackwell's Thirty-Four Man Crew by Wally Blackwell, Pilot
- My Friend Jack Bohn - Tail Gunner by Wally Blackwell, Pilot
- The Amazing Story of Miss X - Introduction by Wally Blackwell, Pilot
- A Remembrance of George E. Abbott, Togglier 601 Squadron by Wally Blackwell
- 398th Remembrances - Eulogies and Testimonials
- Return to 398th Timeless Voices Interviews