World War II Experiences
"Timeless Voices" Oral History Project
S/Sgt. Sam Gailey, 398th Bomb Group Tail Gunner
602nd Squadron, Eighth Air Force
- The Sam Gailey, 398th Tail Gunner - 602nd Squadron Video Interview runs 34 minutes 06 seconds.
- Sam Gailey, 398th Tail Gunner - 602nd Squadron Video Interview Transcription - open to read along while watching the video. The interview has not yet been transcribed. If interested in transcribing see contact details at the beginning of 398th Timeless Voices Interviews Transcription Status.
- S/Sgt. Sam Gailey was the Tail Gunner on John Farmer's 602nd Squadron crew.
- To play the video above, hover over the black viewing box to display the control bar then click on the play button. Additional information can be found on our Timeless Voices index page under Getting Connected.
- No Farmer Crew photo is known to exit. However, please contact our Crew Photos Coordinator if you have a copy and can provide a scan.
- The Farmer Crew was shot down on 28 October 1944.
- 398th Mission: 28 October 1944: Munster, Germany
- 398th Killed in Combat Missions
- 398th POWs
- Return to 398th Timeless Voices Interviews