World War II Experiences
"Timeless Voices" Oral History Project
Ellen Hauldren Alexander, sister, and William Joseph Alexander, nephew, of Joseph F. Hauldren, 398th Bomb Group Ball Turret Gunner
601st Squadron, Eighth Air Force
- The Relatives of Joseph F. Hauldren, 398th Ball Turret Gunner - 601st Squadron Video Interview runs 1 minutes 39 seconds.
- Ellen Hauldren Alexander was the Pin-Up Girl for the E. J. Fairbanks Crew. Her brother S/Sgt. Joseph F. Haulden was the Ball Turret Gunner on E. J. Fairbanks' 601st Squadron Crew.
- Relatives of Joseph F. Hauldren, 398th Ball Turret Gunner - 601st Squadron Video Interview Transcription - open to read along while watching the video. The interview has not yet been transcribed. If interested in transcribing see contact details at the beginning of 398th Timeless Voices Interviews Transcription Status.
- To play the video above, hover over the black viewing box to display the control bar then click on the play button. Additional information can be found on our Timeless Voices index page under Getting Connected.
- Click here to view Ellen Hauldren Alexander's 1944 Pin-Up photo and to read the letter the boys of the Fairbanks Crew wrote her just one month before they were sent to Nuthampstead
- Fairbanks' Crew - 601st Squadron - February or March 1944
- Be sure to view Joseph F. Hauldren's Timeless Voices Interview as well. He was the Ball Turret Gunner on the E. J. Fairbanks Crew 601st Squadron.
- Return to 398th Timeless Voices Interviews