World War II Experiences
"Timeless Voices" Oral History Project
Lt. Russell Reed, 398th Bomb Group Pilot
603rd Squadron, Eighth Air Force
- The Russell Reed, 398th Pilot - 603rd Squadron Video Interview runs 1 hour 57 minutes 26 seconds.
- Russell Reed, 398th Pilot - 603rd Squadron Video Interview Transcription - open to read along while watching the video.
- Lt. Russell Reed was the Pilot of his own 603rd Squadron crew.
- To play the video above, hover over the black viewing box to display the control bar then click on the play button. Additional information can be found on our Timeless Voices index page under Getting Connected.
- Russ Reed's Crew - 603rd Squadron - 28 October 1944
- The Reed Crew was shot down on 2 November 1944.
- 398th Mission: 2 November 1944: Merseburg, Germany
- 398th Killed in Combat Missions
- 398th POWs
- 7053-M with Bomb Bays Open
- Return to 398th Timeless Voices Interviews