World War II Experiences
"Timeless Voices" Oral History Project
Lt. Philip Stahlman, 398th Bomb Group Pilot
601st Squadron, Eighth Air Force
- The Philip Stahlman, 398th Pilot - 601st Squadron Video Interview runs 40 minutes 44 seconds. The interview includes description of the famous DeLancey/Stahlman 15 Oct 1944 Flight.
- Philip Stahlman Interview, 398th Pilot - 601st Squadron Video Interview Transcription - open to read along while watching the video.
- Lt. Philip Stahlman was the Co-pilot on Hollis Dalton's 601st Squadron Squadron crew.
- To play the video above, hover over the black viewing box to display the control bar then click on the play button. Additional information can be found on our Timeless Voices index page under Getting Connected.
- Dalton's Crew - 601st Squadron - February 1944
- It Was a Fortress Coming Home by Allen Ostrom
- Delancey's Crew - 601st Squadron - 15 November 1944
- 398th Mission: 15 October 1944 to Cologne, Germany
- 1st Lt. Philip H. Stahlman, Jr.: Award of Oak Leaf Cluster to Distinguished Flying Cross for 15 October 1944, awarded 2 December 1944
- Return to 398th Timeless Voices Interviews