- These men were all Crew Chiefs - each responsible for a five man (including themselves) bomb handling and loading/unloading crew - Malcolm (Ozzie) Osborn.
- Aircraft in photo: Unknown
- Photo Date: 10 February 1945; dated by comparing to photo Armament Crew - 601st Squadron - 10 February 1945 which has the same aircraft in the background, including position of the blades, front tire track and position of the clouds. The date for the Armament Crew was known from other sources.
- Photo Location: Nuthampstead
- Photo Reference No. Ordinace 601
- Information compiled by UK Friends of the 398th with thanks to Norman H. Bond, Robert Harris, and Malcolm (Ozzie) Osborn.
- Thank you to Stephen J. McManus for identifying his dad, Francis J. McManus, in this photo.
- If you would like to add information about this photograph, please contact our Crew Photos Coordinator. Please mention the title and photograph date.
- Help is needed in identifying additional men in the above photograph, and also filling in first names and rank at the time of the photo. If you can help, please click the e-mail link above.