- Original Crew No. 61, the markings on the photo used different crew numbers than the 31 March 1944 list.
- Aircraft in photo: Unknown
- Photo Date: Spring 1944
- Photo Location: Text on photo is similar to early training photos at Rapid City. However, note hole in plane below window, which suggests overseas location. Location being researched.
- Photo Reference No. Top Photo DJ-3A01, bottom photo Brodin_JE
- Information compiled by UK Friends of the 398th with thanks to Fred Carrado, Jerome Jans, and Karen Kennedy for crew identifications and Dave Jordan and Joseph "Pee Wee" Ellis for providing the photographs.
- If you would like to add information about this photograph, please contact our Crew Photos Coordinator. Please mention the title and photograph date.