- Aircraft in photo: unknown
- Photo Date: Spring or Summer 1943
- Photo Location: Rapid City
- Photo Reference No. Douglas01
- Information compiled by UK Friends of the 398th with special thanks to Keith W. Anderson.
- If you would like to add information about this photograph, please contact our Crew Photos Coordinator. Please mention the title and photograph date.
- In November 2005, Keith Anderson provided the following background on the Douglas crew. "The Douglas crew was one of the original crews assigned to the 398th during May 1943 at Geiger Field, Spokane and became an instructor crew when the group moved to Rapid City during June 1943 and was designated as a Replacement Training Unit. Richard Rohrer was promoted to aircraft commander and assigned his own crew after the Group was re-designated as an Operational Training Unit during January 1944.
- Keith Anderson became the Co-Pilot of this crew around February 1944.