- Photo Date: 08 August 1944
- Photo Location: Nuthampstead, England
- Mission No. 64 - Bretteville Le Rabet & Cauvicourt, France
- Aircraft in photo: Probably 42-107080 S
- Col. Robert A. Simeral flew as Aircraft Commander with the Heintzelman Crew on this mission. They flew in the low Squadron as Deputy Lead.
- This photo was taken after the Heintzelman Crew returned from their last mission on 08 August 1944, which would explain the happy faces!
- Photo Reference: A-Heintzelman
- Information compiled by the 398th Web Team.
- If you would like to add information about this photograph, or can provide a better scan, please contact our Crew Photos Coordinator. Please mention the title and photograph date.