- Some of the Kiernan crew shown in this photo were killed on 17 January 1944 during a crash while on a night time training flight one mile west of Martin, South Dakota.
- There is a Memorial Marker west of Martin, SD.
- Also killed in the crash on 17 January 1944, but not pictured above were:
- 2nd Lt. Augustine S. Franzone, Co-Pilot, and
- 2nd Lt. Peter L. Paget, Navigator.
- Aircraft in photo: Unknown
- Photo Date: Late 1943
- Photo Location: Probably Rapid City
- Photo Reference No. Kiernan 01
- Information compiled by UK Friends of the 398th with thanks to Ed Quest.
- If you would like to add information about this photograph, please contact our Crew Photos Coordinator. Please mention the title and photograph date.