- Note this crew became the co-pilot's crew, 1st Lt. Richard M. Austin Crew after 1st Lt. Alexander J. Link, Pilot was seriously wounded on his 8th mission over Rouen, France on 12 August 44. The rest of the crew completed 35 missions.
- 398th Mission No. 58, Munich, Germany, 31 July 1944
- Crew Mission No. 1: 31 July 1944
- On this mission the Link crew flew in the Low Group
- Aircraft flown: 42-107183 K8-J
- Aircraft in photo: unknown
- Photo Date: 1 August 1944; Dick Austin believes the photo was taken after a local training mission on 1 August, the day after their first mission on 31 July 1944
- Photo Location: Nuthampstead
- Photo Reference No. A9210
- Information compiled by UK Friends of the 398th with thanks to Richard Austin.
- If you would like to add information about this photograph, please contact our Crew Photos Coordinator. Please mention the title and photograph date.