- Aircraft in photo: Unknown
- Photo Date: Probably 1944
- Photo Location: Unknown
- Photo Reference No. Nisewonger 1944
- Information compiled by UK Friends of the 398th with thanks to Susan Martinsen- niece of Albert J.Aleksyn, Mrs. Sam B. Green- widow of Sam B. Green, and W. Sewall Macferran
- W. Sewall Macferran wrote the following; "The following are names of other crew members as I remember them, Sgt. William I. Caster, engineer; Sgt. Sam B. Green, radio operator; Sgt. William M. Engelhardt, a waist gunner; Sgt. William J. Wilson, tail gunner. Engelhardt and Wilson both died the day we went down [July 7, 1944]. *** The night before we left Kearney, Nebraska for England our tail gunner threw his back out and Wilson joined the crew in his place. Depending on when and where the picture was taken Wilson may not be in the picture; it could be the original tail gunner, whose name I don't remember."
- If you would like to add information about this photograph, or can provide a better scan, please contact our Crew Photos Coordinator. Please mention the title and photograph date.