- Aircraft in photo: 42-107040 OR-D/K Shirley Jean. This 91st Bomb Group aircraft was at Nuthampstead from 9th March to 29th March 1945, reason unknown. This aircraft did not fly with the 398th. Perhaps the Thompson crew saw it as a photo op, given the nose art.
- Photo Date: March 1945
- Photo Location: Nuthampstead
- Photo Reference No. Thomp 602 001
- Information compiled by UK Friends of the 398th with thanks to Elliot Novek, Cliff Bishop, and Linda Schnider Tom.
- If you would like to add information about this photograph, or can provide a better scan, please contact our Crew Photos Coordinator. Please mention the title and photograph date.