- Photo Date: after October 15, 1944 and could be in 1945.
- Photo Location: Nuthampstead
- Photo Reference No. Ellis 01
- Information compiled by the 398th web team with thanks to Joseph C. Ellis.
- If you would like to add information about this photograph, please contact our Crew Photos Coordinator. Please mention the title and photograph date.
Operations Staff Duties:
In January 2008, Mr. Ellis wrote that among "our main duties in Operations were:
- Intelligence would advise us after a Briefing how many crews and aircraft they would need from our Squadron. We would make up and post on the board, the next crews to fly, and the flying personnel would come by and check to see if they were flying the next day.
- If any came by and advised they were sick, we would replace them with someone from another crew.
- The next morning, one of us would wake them for breakfast, briefing, etc., before the mission."