World War II Experiences
"Timeless Voices" Oral History Project
Lt. Bill Frankhouser, 398th Bomb Group Navigator
603rd Squadron, Eighth Air Force
- The Bill Frankhouser, 398th Navigator - 603rd Squadron Video Interview runs 1 hour 0 minutes 0 seconds.
- The Bill Frankhouser, 398th Navigator - 603rd Squadron Video Interview - open to read along while watching the video. The interview has not yet been transcribed. If interested in transcribing see contact details at the beginning of 398th Timeless Voices Interviews Transcription Status.
- Lt. Bill Frankhouser was the Navigator on Herb Newman's 603rd Squadron crew.
- To play the video above, hover over the black viewing box to display the control bar then click on the play button. Additional information can be found on our Timeless Voices index page under Getting Connected.
- Newman's Crew - 603rd Squadron - 15 August 1944
- Brandstatter's Crew - 603rd Squadron - 6 February 1945
- Excerpts from "World War II Osyssey" by Bill Frankhouser, Navigator, 603rd Squadron
- WWII Odyssey by Bill Frankhouser, Publisher: Noyes Publications, ISBN:1-883912-03-2, and L. of C. Number 97-71215. WWII Odyssey is available in the 398th PX.
- Newman Crew
- What Happened to My Comrades? - Navigator Finally Comes To The End Of The Trail by William L. Frankhouser, Navigator, 603rd Squadron
- A Guard With A Limp And Warm Smile by W. Dean Whitaker, Bombardier/Navigator, 603rd Squadron
- Lew Burke, 398th Pilot - 603rd Squadron Video Interview (35m 14s)
- Dean Whitaker, 398th Bombardier - 603rd Squadron 1997 Reunion Presentation (8m 41s)
- Return to 398th Timeless Voices Interviews