World War II Experiences
"Timeless Voices" Oral History Project
Lt. Howard Traeder, 398th Bomb Group Pilot
601st Squadron, Eighth Air Force
- The Howard Traeder, 398th Pilot - 601st Squadron Video Interview runs 51 minutes 29 seconds.
- Howard Traeder, 398th Pilot - 601st Squadron Audio Interview Transcription - open to read along while watching the video.
- Lt. Howard Traeder was the Pilot of his own 601st Squadron crew.
- To play the video above, hover over the black viewing box to display the control bar then click on the play button. Additional information can be found on our Timeless Voices index page under Getting Connected.
- Traeder's Crew - 601st Squadron - 17 Oct 1944
- Traeder's Crew - 601st Squadron - 20 Feb 1945
- Bluie West One (BW-1) by Howard Traeder, Pilot
- T/Sgt. Frederick Chester Bradley, Jr. Engineer / Top Turret Gunner Howard F. Traeder Crew by Lee Anne Bradley
- 398th Mission: February 06, 1945 - Chemnitz, Germany
- 398th Mission: April 13, 1945 - Neumunster, Germany
- Three "Fortresses" Destroyed by Howard Traeder, Pilot
- Return to 398th Timeless Voices Interviews