- Miller, Hunter, Gross, Berryhill and Ground Crew - 6 May 1944 - First Mission
- 398th Mission: 6 May 1944 - Sottevast
- 398th Mission No. 1 Sottevast, France 6 May 1944
- Aircraft in photo: unknown but could be Colonel Hunter's aircraft that day: 42-107231 N7-A with Captain Gene L. Douglas as pilot and Colonel Hunter as CA.
- Photo Date: 6 May 1944
- Photo Location: Nuthampstead
- Photo Reference No. 398th First Mission 02
- Information compiled by UK Friends of the 398th with thanks to Keith Anderson, Lee Bradley, Harold Brown, and Geoff Rice. Photo from Bill Markley Collection, via Malcolm Osborn
- If you would like to add information about this photograph, or can identify any of the additional men, please contact our Crew Photos Coordinator. Please mention the title and photograph date.