- Some details of the trip over can be found in the Getting There: April 12 to April 23, 1944 the entry in the S/Sgt. Chilton Jorgenson, Ball Gunner, 601st diary.
- It is likely there were men other than the 398th onboard the ship, but possibly those gathered around Chaplain Duvall are 398th. Some of the men in the backrow above may be recognizable to their 398th colleagues.
- Photo Date: The USS Wakefield left Boston on 13 April and arrived at Liverpool on 21 April 1944. If services were on Sunday, the above photo was taken 16 April 1944.
- Photo Location: USS Wakefield en route to England
- Photo Reference No. Brown01
- Information compiled by UK Friends of the 398th with thanks to Harold Brown and Lee Anne Bradley.
- If you would like to add information about this photograph, please contact our Crew Photos Coordinator. Please mention the title and photograph date.