398th Bomb Group Missing Air Crew Report
Thornton's Crew - 8 July 1944
- 398th Mission: 8 July 1944 to Humieres-Fresnoy, France
- CA: Captain Kearie L. Berry, Jr.
- Pilot: 2nd Lt. Raymond M. Thornton
- Group/Squadron: 398th/601st
- 398th MACR 07220 - Actual
- 398th MACR 07220 - Transcription Not Available - See below.
- Crew Photo - To Be Added
- Berry's Crew - 601st Squadron - 20 March 1944 includes Lt. Raymond Thornton. It appears that Lt. Raymond M. Thornton took over the Berry Crew.
- Beckstrom's Crew with Major K.L. Berry as Command - 603rd Squadron - 21 February 1945 Includes photos of both Major Jean Miller, Major K.L. Berry, Jr. and Captain Beckstrom. Major K.L. Berry was rescued and continued his tour after the 8 July 1944 event.
- Operations - 603rd Squadron - 1944/1945 Lt. Kutchback, 603rd Squadron Bombardier, Major Jean B. Miller, 603rd Squadron CO, Major Kearie L. Berry, Jr., former 603rd Operations Officer, and Capt. Bishop, 603rd Operations Officer
- 398th Killed in Action
- 398th POWs
- Return to 398th Missing Air Crew Reports
None available as of this time.
If you have a special interest in this MACR, we would be most appreciative if you would consider working with us to create a transcription of all or part to be put on our 398th web site. A transcribed MACR eases the reading of the text for othersand also to allow the text to be found in search engines thus connecting people to what is sometimes their story. If interested please contact our 398th Volunteer Coordinator who will work with you to get started.