398th Combat Mission
8 July 1944
Target: Flying Bomb Sites
Information about this Mission
- Formation Chart for 8 July 1944 - Over Target
- Operation Crossbow Mission 8 July 1944 - Airforce Magazine Online Includes informaiton about the 398th's 601st Squadron CO Capt. Tracy Petersen, flying with Capt. Hal Lamb and his crew that day and his Deputy Lead Capt. Kearier Berry.
- S/Sgt. Chilton H. Jorgenson's Diary for July 8, 1944 Chilton Jorgenson did not fly on July 8, but his diary reports on some of the difficulties for the 398th that day.
- Lt. Mark J. Woods, Jr.'s Diary for July 8, 1944
- Weekley's Crew - 601st Squadron - 8 July 1944
- T/Sgt. Charles B. Suchman: Award of Distinguished Flying Cross for 8 July 1944
- T. A. Brown's Crew - 602nd Squadron - 8 July 1944
- Missing Air Crew Report: MACR 07217 - Wilson's Crew - 8 July 1944