World War II Experiences
"Timeless Voices" Oral History Project
Lt. Jim White, 398th Bomb Group Pilot
600th Squadron, Eighth Air Force
- The Jim White, 398th Pilot - 600th Squadron Video Interview runs 1 hr 3 minutes 17 seconds.
- Jim White, 398th Co-Pilot - 600th Squadron Audio Interview Transcription - open to read along while watching the video.
- Lt. Jim White was the Co-pilot on Donald Grinter's 600th Squadron crew.
- To play the video above, hover over the black viewing box to display the control bar then click on the play button. Additional information can be found on our Timeless Voices index page under Getting Connected.
- Grinter's Crew - 600th Squadron - July 1944
- No Forgetting Christmas Eve Mission by Lou Stoffer, Engineer/Gunner, 600th Squadron
- 398th Combat Mission: 24 December 1944 to Koblenz
- Grinter's Crash the Day After at the Nuthampstead Air Base
- "We Fly at Dawn" by John Contento, Tail Gunner
- Louis Stoffer, 398th Engineer/Gunner - 600th Squadron Video Interview (28m 8s)
- Return to 398th Timeless Voices Interviews