- Aircraft in photo: 42-102765, A/C was used in training at Rapid City, Sioux City, Jackson, etc.
- Photo Date: July 1944
- Photo Location: Kansas City during X-Country Training Flight
- Photo Reference No. GR01
- Information compiled by UK Friends of the 398th with thanks to Lou Stoffer, and Daniel Bon.
- If you would like to add information about this photograph, or can provide a better scan, please contact our Crew Photos Coordinator. Please mention the title and photograph date.
- No Forgetting Christmas Eve Mission by Lou Stoffer, Engineer/Gunner, 600th Squadron
- Grinter's Crash the Day After at the Nuthampstead Air Base Both 2nd Lt. Francis Harrod and Cpl. David Flores were KIA as a result of the crash.
- 398th Mission: 24 December 1944 - Koblenz
- Louis Stoffer, 398th Engineer/Gunner - 600th Squadron Video Interview (28m 8s)
- Jim White, 398th Pilot - 600th Squadron Video Interview (1hr 3m 17s)
- "We Fly at Dawn" by John Contento, Tail Gunner