World War II Experiences
"Timeless Voices" Oral History Project
William Dean Whitaker, 398th Bomb Group Bombardier / Navigator
603rd Squadron, Eighth Air Force
- The William Dean Whitaker, 398th Bombardier / Navigator - 603rd Squadron Video Interview runs 59 minutes 23 seconds.
- Lt. William Dean Whitaker was the Bombardier / Navigator on Lt. Herbert H. Newman's 603rd Squadron Crew.
- William Dean Whitaker, 398th Bombardier / Navigator - 603rd Squadron Video Interview Transcription - open to read along while watching the video. The interview has not yet been transcribed. If interested in transcribing see contact details at the beginning of 398th Timeless Voices Interviews Transcription Status.
- To play the video above, hover over the black viewing box to display the control bar then click on the play button. Additional information can be found on our Timeless Voices index page under Getting Connected.
- Newman's Crew - 603rd Squadron - 15 August 1944
- 398th Mission: 2 November 1944 - Merseburg, Germany
- Dean Whitaker POW form
- 398th Killed in Action
- 398th POWs
- 398th Missing Air Crew Reports
- Bill Frankhouser, 398th Navigator - 603rd Squadron Video Interview (1 hr) - will begin the Frankhouser video
- Excerpts from "World War II Osyssey"
- Fred Gonzales, 398th Pilot - 603rd Squadron 1997 Reunion Presentation (13m 27s) - will begin the Gonzales audio
- John McCormick, 398th Pilot - 602nd Squadron 1997 Reunion Presentation (18m 22s) - will begin the McCormick audio
- William Dean Whitaker, 398th Bombardier / Navigator - 602nd Squadron 1997 Reunion Audio Presentation (8m 41s) - will begin the Whitaker audio
- Return to 398th Timeless Voices Interviews